James W. Dolan
James W. Dolan is a graduate of Boston University, Boston College and Boston College High School. He has been a member of the Massachusetts bar since 1965.
A District Court Judge for over 26 years, Attorney Dolan spent 20 years at the Dorchester District Court, where he served as First Justice. He later served as Acting First Justice of Lynn, West Roxbury and New Bedford District Courts.
Attorney Dolan also served as Regional Administrative Judge for the Greater Boston Region. In 1999, his colleagues and the Massachusetts Judges Conference honored him with the award of District Court Judge of the Year. Attorney Dolan received the Boston Bar Foundation Public Service Award in 1991 for his work in the Dorchester District Court.
Attorney Dolan has been a lecturer and panelist for the Judicial Institute, the Massachusetts Bar Association and Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education. He has also served on the Board of Trustees of the Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education and chaired the Massachusetts Bar Association's Alternative Dispute Resolutions Committee.
Attorney Dolan concentrates his practice in the area of dispute resolution.
- Massachusetts, 1965
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, MA
- Boston College, Boston, MA
- A Declaration of Independence: Reaffirming the Autonomy of The Third Branch, Pioneer Institute, March, 2002
- Lecturer & Panelist, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Lecturer & Panelist, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
- Lecturer & Panelist, Education Inc, Judicial Institute
Honors and Awards
- District Court Judge of the Year, Massachusetts Judges Conference, 1999
- Public Service Award, Boston Bar Foundation, 1991
- Regional Administrative Judge, Greater Boston Region
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Board of Trustees
- Massachusetts Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolutions Committee, Chair
- Massachusetts Judges Conference
Past Employment Positions
- Dorchester District Court, First Justice
- Lynn, West Roxbury and New Bedford District Courts, First Justice
- Massachusetts Trial Court, District Court Judge, 1974 - 2001
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Legislative Counsel, 1972 - 1974
- Boston Legal Assistance Project, Staff Attorney, 1965 - 1972