Nursing Home and Residential Facility Neglect & Abuse
Residents of nursing homes, residential facilities and assisted living facilities depend on nurses, aides, physicians and staff to provide quality care and to protect them from harm. When the people we trust to care for the elderly or disabled instead cause neglect or abuse, serious illness, injuries and even death can result.
Our attorneys are dedicated to providing injured residents and their families with the highest quality legal services and compassionate support. We use the skills and knowledge we have developed by successfully handling a wide variety of personal injury cases to represent those harmed by negligence suffered at a nursing home, residential facility or an assisted living facility.
- Failure to prevent falls by assessing a resident’s fall risk and utilizing safety bars and proper bed height.
- Failure to eliminate fall hazards such as slippery floors, poor lighting and unsecured rugs.
- Failure to prevent bedsores and pressure ulcers for a resident who is in a wheelchair or bedridden and failure to check for signs of pressure sores or failure to reposition a resident or use an appropriate pressure-relieving mattress.
- Failure to prevent physical, verbal or sexual abuse of residents.
- Failure to give the correct medications in the incorrect doses to the correct residents and complete failure to administer medications to a resident.
- Failure to provide adequate liquids and failure to monitor food intake resulting malnutrition and dehydration.
- Failure to respond to calls for emergency assistance due to understaffing or lack of attention.
- Failure to diagnose and properly treat bedsores and other wounds resulting in bacterial infections or sepsis.
- Failure to recognize or treat broken bones in residents.